This is a Groovy Girls joke book from 2005.
Get ready for a giggly gaggle of gags, riddles and knock-knocks with the Groovy Girls!
Knock, knock! Who's there? What do you get when you cross...
Hours of hilarity!
For girls in 2nd-4th grade.
$3.99 USD, $4.99 CAN
List of JokesEdit
Knock-Knocks: (Pages 1-2)Edit
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Gwen. Gwen who? Gwen will the show start?
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Reese. Reese who? Reese-ess time!
- Knock, knock! Who's there? O'Ryan. O'Ryan who? Canned peaches! Don't you know who O'Ryan is? I am the redhead with a squeaky voice!
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Oki. Oki who? Oki-doki!
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Vanessa. Vanessa who? Vanessa type of vehicle.
- Knock-Knock! Who's there? Yvette! Yvette who? Yvette you I can jump higher than ever before-on a trampoline!
- Knock-Knock! Who's there? Josh. Josh who? Josh in case you want to see a movie, I bought you tickets.
- Knock, knock! Who's there? Kenya. Kenya who? Kenya count us in, Oki?
- Knock, Knock! Who's there? Bindi. Bindi who? It's Bindi best day I ever had!
Groovy Gags and Gigglers: (Pages 3-4)Edit
- What Groovy Girl is most likely to be a wildcat? O'Lion.
- What Groovy Girl is most likely to be a locksmith? O-Key.
- What Groovy Girl is most likely to become a 4-wheeler? Van-essa.
- What Groovy Girl is most likely to heal sick pets? Y-vet.
- What is Josh's little sister's favourite song? "Sun-Reese, Sunset."
- Which Groovy Girl is most likely to be found on your leg? Daph-knee.
- Which Groovy Girl is most likely to be off-balance? Ailene (I lean).
- Which Groovy Girl is most likely to be found in heaven? Angel-ique.
Radical Riddles: (Pages 5-6)Edit
- What is orange and red and orange and red? O'Ryan's hair caught in a revolving door!
- What is blonde and pink and blonde and pink? Gwen's hair in a revolving door.
- What is purple and pink, purple and pink, purple and pink? Vanessa's clothes rolling down a hill.
- What is brown and mint green and brown and mint green and brown and mint green and brown and mint green? Oki doing somersaults.
- What did Mom say to Josh in the morning? "Early to bed, early to Reese."
- What is pink, orange, and bright green over and over again? A cartwheeling Yvette.
- What is green, pink, blue, purple, and orange, with twelve legs and six personalities? The Groovy Girls!
Gwen's Rockin' Music Jokes: (Pages 7-8)Edit
- What makes music on your hair? A headband.
- What's my favorite sport to watch on TV? Bass-ball.
- Why do musicians hate fish? They have too many scales!
- What's a mummy's favorite kind of music? Rap!
- What's a teacher's favorite kind of music? Class-ical!
- What's an archeologist's favorite kind of music? Rock!
- Why was the piano player grounded? He got in treble!
- Who's brown, lives in Australia, and sings? Dingo Starr.
- What kind of music do they play at a playground? Swing.
- Why did the sheet music run away from the singer? She kept hitting all the notes.
- What kind of music do rabbits listen to? Hip-hop!
Oki's Fashion Jokes: (Pages 9-10)Edit
- What's soft and slippery? A slipper.
- Why did I bring my lipstick and eyeshadow to school? I had a make-up test!
- What kind of dress can't be worn? Address.
- What class did I take when I had trouble organizing my closet? Hanger Management.
- What do you call doing 2000 pounds of laundry? "Washington."
- What color socks do bears wear? They don't have socks. They have bear feet!
- Why did I put lipstick on my head? I wanted to makeup my mind!
- What type of tie does a pig wear? A pigstie.
- What do penguins wear on their heads? Ice caps!
Vanessa's Sporty Jokes: (Pages 11-12)Edit
- What has 18 legs and catches flies? A baseball team.
- Why can't Cinderella play soccer? She's always running away from the ball.
- Why was Cinderella such a horrible athlete? She had a pumpkin for a coach.
- How did the basketball court get wet? The players dribbled all over it!
- What is big and scary and has 3 wheels? A monster on a trike.
- What do you get when an elephant has a basketball? Out of the way.
- What's the world's largest gem? A baseball diamond.
- Why did the rubber band go to the baseball team? It wanted to enjoy the seventh-inning stretch.
- Why did I take up bowling? I thought it would be up my alley.
- What is every Chrysler's favorite game? Dodgeball.
Yvette's Acting Jokes: (Pages 13-14)Edit
- Why did the pig think he was a good actor? Because he was a total ham!
- What's the definition of a good actor? Somebody who tries hard to be everybody but himself.
- Did you hear about the actor who fell through the stage door? It was just a stage he was going through.
- Why does an actor enjoy his work so much? Because it's all play.
- Why are actors and actresses always cool? Because of their fans.
- What actor could be the best baker? Zac Apron/Efron.
- What actress loves to go canoeing? Marilyn Mon-row.
- What actor is the most electric? John Tra-volt-a.
- Why can't you act in a triangular room? You won't be able to break the fourth wall.
Reese's One-Liners: (Pages 15-16)Edit
- She said he was average because he was mean.
- There are 2 types of mathematicians. Ones that know binary and ones that don't.
- Double negatives are a no-no.
- An invisible man married an invisible woman-their kids are nothing to look at.
- I wonder if Earth makes fun of other planets for having no life.
- Why do you drive down a parkway but park in a driveway?
- The battle between past, present, and future was tense.
- In the winter, Bindi's dog wears a coat. In the summer, Bindi's dog wears a coat and pants.
- They say dog is a man's best friend, but cat is a woman's best friend.
- Last night, my school orchestra played Mozart - and Mozart lost.
O'Ryan's Crazy Bad Jokes!: (Pages 17-18)Edit
- Why can't your nose be 12 inches long? Because then it would be a foot!
- What is brown and sticky? A stick.
- Why did I cross the road? Because I chickened out!
- What has 8 legs and 8 eyes? 8 pirates.
- Why did the bubblegum cross the road? It was stuck to the leg of a chicken.
- How do you make an egg roll? You push it down a slope.
- What's orange and sounds like a parrot? A carrot.
- O'Ryan: What's pink and goes "ding dong?"
- Gwen: I don't know.
- O'Ryan: A pink ding dong. So, what's blue and goes "ding dong?"
- Gwen: Uh...a blue ding dong?
- O'Ryan: Correct! So, what's green and goes "ding dong?"
- Gwen: A green ding dong?
- O'Ryan: Wrong! Ding dongs don't come in green!
- How many Groovy Girls does it take to change a lightbulb? All of them. We know how to change lightbulbs!
Angelique and Ayanna's Totally Cool and Even Groovier Jokes: (Pages 19-20)Edit
NOTE: These jokes are meant to be bad.
- What's the difference between Angelique and everyone else? Angelique is more popular than everyone else.
- Why did Angelique cross the road? She's cooler than the chicken.
- A teacher punished Ayanna for something she didn't do. What was it? Homework.
- What gives Angelique and Ayanna the power and strength to walk through walls? Doors.
- What would Angelique and Ayanna call a Groovy Girl with banana jelly inside her ears? Anything they like-she cannot hear them!
- What do you get when you cross Angelique with Ayanna? The most popular, cool, awesome, and amazing girl on the face of Earth, that's what!
Bindi's Pet Jokes: (Pages 21-22)Edit
- Why are rabbits so lucky? They have four rabbit's feet!
- When does a teacher carry birdseed? When there is a parrot-teacher conference!
- What dog loves to take bubble baths? A shampoodle!
- What state has a lot of cats and dogs? Petsylvania.
- Why are cats good at video games? They always have nine lives.
- What did I do when it was raining cats and dogs? I jumped in poodles!
- What is even smarter than a talking bird? A spelling bee!
- Why do you need a license for a dog and not a cat? Everybody knows that cats can't drive.
- What do you call a line of rabbits walking backwards? A receding hareline.
Mr. Goodwin's Classy Jokes (Pages 23-24)Edit
- Why did Kalvin cross the road? I told him, "Get to the other side!"
- What pirate skips class? Captain Hooky.
- Mr. Goodwin: Oki, what is the capital of Washington?
- Why are the other teachers' visions bad? They can barely control their pupils!
- Mr. Goodwin: O'Ryan, what's the capital of Connecticut?
- O'Ryan: C!
- What's the difference between teachers and trains? Trains go "choo-choo", while teacher say "Spit that gum out!"
- Mr. Goodwin: Reese, how do you spell "rhythm"?
- Reese: R-I-Z-I-M.
- Mr. Goodwin: No, that's not how it's spelled in the dictionary.
- Reese: You asked me how I spell it, not the dictionary.
- What is the smartest...
- US state? Alaska. It has 3 A's and no B's!
- Canadian province? Newfoundland and Labrador. It has 4 A's and a B!
- ...country? Albania. It has 3 A's and a B!
Beachy Keen Jokes! (Pages 25-26)Edit
- What did the ocean say to Gwen? Nothing. It just waved.
- What did the pig say when he went to the beach on a hot summer day? "I'm bacon!"
- Why do seagulls live by the sea? If they lived by the bay, they'd be bagels!
- When is the best day to go to the beach? Sunday.
- What do bees wear at the beach? Bee-kinis.
- What gets wetter the more it dries? A beach towel.
- What washes up on small beaches? Microwaves.
- How did Yvette communicate with the fish? She dropped a line.
- What happened when O'Ryan took the fruits to the beach? When she saw them, she said "Tanned peaches!"
- What kind of rocks are never found in the ocean? Dry ones!
- Knock, knock!
Who's there? Water. Water who? Water you doing now?
Ailene's Mod Mall Jokes (Pages 27-28)Edit
- What store do monkeys like shopping at the most? Banana Republic.
- What store sells fashions for wicked women who ride brooms? Abercrombie and Witch.
- What store do fish like shopping at the most? Cod Threadz!
- What store would Yvette love to shop at to find the perfect guy? Boys R Us.
Groovy Favorites! (pages 29-32)Edit
We love these jokes so much that they're our favorite ones!
- Gwen: What is every mother and father's favorite carnival ride? The married-go-round!
- Reese: What dessert do roller coaster riders eat when they plunge down the opening drop? I scream/ice cream!
- O'Ryan: What is every horse's favorite theme park ride? The carrot-sel!
- Oki: Why did the lettuce blush? Because he saw the salad dressing!
- Vanessa: What did the baseball mitt say to the baseball? "Catch you later!"
What animal is best at hitting a baseball? The bat!
- Yvette: What did Ronald McDonald think of Wendy's food? It was love at first bite!
- Ailene: What is every Iguanodon's favorite playground toy? A dinoseesaur.
- Angelique: Where do fortune-tellers dance? The crystal ball!
- Ayanna: What is the worst wild cat to play a game with? A cheetah.
- Mr. Goodwin: Why did the girl wear sunglasses to class? She was so bright!
- Josh: How do you keep your guitar from being stolen? Put it in a cello case.
- Brenna: Why did the horse cross the road? Somebody shouted "hay"!
- Daphne: What did the mayonnaise say when I opened the fridge? "Close the door. I'm DRESSING!"
- Sean: How do sports players stay cool? They stand next to their fans!
- Kalvin: Where do penguins dance? The snow ball!
How to Tell and Know Jokes: (page 33)Edit
- 1. Memorize the joke.
- 2. Don't speak too fast or slow. Speak clearly.
- 3. Become funnier by watching comedy.
- 4. Say the setup (question), pause, then say the punchline (the funny answer to a joke.)