|“||Too much glitter? What do you mean, "too much"?||”|
Year Released: 2004; 2006 (new look)
Hair Color: Black
Voiced By: Nancy Cartwright
Oki is one of the "Main 6" Groovy Girls. She was first released in 2004 and then again in 2006 alongside the rest of the Main 6. On the show she is voiced by Nancy Cartwright.
Personality on the Show Edit
Oki Nakamura is a total fashionista who loves designing fashions. She's also a diva, and nothing is ever too pink or too sparkly for her. Trendy and modern, the other Groovy Girls look to her for fashion tips as well as other information - she's the smartest of the group as well. Oki also really loves all kinds of animals, and loves to help out at Yvette's dad's pet shop. She also has a pet cat named Kikko! She plays the drums in the Groovy Girls' band, but she also plays saxophone for school. She knows what colors and patterns go together, and she loves giving her friends makeovers. Her groovy BFF is Yvette.
The original Oki has black hair in pigtails, streaked mint green. She wears a strapless shirt decorated with swirly designs in mint green, white, black, and brown. She wears an athletic skirt in white with green trim, and her stockings are mint green with brown polka dots. Oki has brown boots with mint green accents. This version of Oki has a bit of a "mint chocolate chip" motif going on. She is light-skinned and has Asian eyes.
The revamped Oki's black hair now has lavender streaks. She wears a blue halter top with a reddish-pink strap and flower designs. Her Capri pants are striped in pastel green, blue, and purple. Oki wears a pair of reddish-pink ballet slipper-like shoes with spring green ribbons.
Name Meaning Edit
Japanese, "middle of the ocean"
- According to fans, her birthday is August 30, because Yvette Phone Home/Oki’s Birthday premiered on that date.
- To voice Oki, Nancy Cartwright uses a more feminine version of the same voice she used for Chum Chum in the Random! Cartoons pilot for Fanboy and Chum Chum.
- When embarrassed, she cringes and giggles.
- Yvette was shown doing this in the webisode "Oh, the Embarrassment!"
- Her signature sound effect is a sneeze that sounds like a squeak. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obufqn9tncs)
- Her signature laugh is a quiet giggle.
- The pattern on 2006 Oki's shirt has been reused on both the boogie board from the Boogie Down Groovy Gear and 2006 O'Ryan's shoes.
- She has pierced ears in the TV show.
- Her favorite TV show is the quirky teen sitcom "Eric & Matt", which is a spoof of popular early 2000's sitcoms like Drake & Josh, Kenan & Kel, and The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. The other Groovy Girls enjoy it as well.