|"Maybe being in the orchestra isn't so orchestriffic after all..."|
This is a song from Sing a Song of Yvette, with nonsensical lyrics, crazy tempo changes, and a key change from C major to F major at the end.
- (moderato, mezzo-forte)
- Gwen: You're my Watermelon Sunshine
- On a snowy summer day
- Yvette: You're my monkey in a tutu
- When the seas seem gray
- Gwen: The way I feel for you
- Every single day
- Yvette: Makes my Watermelon Sunshine
- Want to shout "hooray"
- (crescendo to fortissimo and tempo increase to 180 BPM)
- Reese: IT'S RAINING COTTON CANDY
- Vanessa: ON PIZZA MOUNTAIN
- Both: AND WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS, POURS, POURS!
- THUNDER! LIGHTNING! TEETH WHITENING!
- SWEET, SWEET STORMS!
- Gwen and Oki harmonizing: Oh.....
- (ritardando to 150 BPM, forte)
- Both girls in unison: I know a panda bear and I'm tellin'
- Her name was Helen
- She went to the store to buy stuff
- And then, sure enough,
- (tempo change to 200 BPM)
- O'Ryan: The diner! Where the piggies go "oink, oink, oink"
- The diner! Where my hair grows!
- This song doesn't even rhyme!
- Why not? It doesn't have to
- Chocolate, cupcakes, burgers, pretzels, lemonade!
- The song uses aspects from each of the Groovy Girls' silly songs:
- Gwen's "Helen the Watermelon"
- Reese's "It's Raining Cotton Candy"
- Oki's "Panda Bear"
- O'Ryan's "My Masterpiece"
- Vanessa's "Pizza Mountain"
- Yvette's original "You're My Monkey in a Tutu"